Onsite Live Line Tool & Rubber Goods Testing
IIA offers a complete inspection and testing program for the utility industry to meet and comply with current OSHA rules and regulations set forth in 29 CFR Part 1910.
IIA Lifting Services offers a complete inspection and testing program for the utility industry to meet and comply with current OSHA rules and regulations set forth in 29 CFR Part 1910.
The rules and regulations of the Department of Labor specify that live-line tools (hot sticks) used for primary employee protection shall be removed from service every two years for cleaning and testing. FRP (Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic) tools require a wet test; non FRP tools (wood) require a dry test. Testing must verify the tools integrity along its entire working length.
IIA can conduct live line tool testing on your premises per the current guidelines of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Standard 978.
Our Inspections and Testing Can Include:
- Rack Testing
- Hand Held Hot Stick Testing
- Testing Methodologies Requiring Laboratory Equipment Examination
- Examination & Cleaning
- Waxing or Silicone Wiping
- Wet Testing at 75,000 V/Foot
- Dry Testing at 50,000 V/Foot
Talk To An Expert
Don’t see exactly what you are looking for? Or maybe you do and want more specifics or an estimate. Either way, you can call us at
right now or just fill out the form below and we will respond back within 24 hours.
Certifications and Guidelines
- Insurance Coverage Beyond General Liability – Errors & Omissions Insurance
- Utilization of Qualified and Trained Inspectors
- Internal Quality Control & Quality Assurance Audit Programs
- Level III NDT on Staff
- On-Site Safety Coordinator
- ISO/IEC 17020 Accredited
- Federal OSHA Certified
- Cal-OSHA Certified
- Washington State Construction Crane Certified
- ANSI A92.2, ASTM 914 and Crane Certification Association of America Committee Members on Staff