Onsite Live Line Tool & Rubber Goods Testing
IIA offers a complete inspection and testing program for utilities, municipalities and electrical contractors to meet and comply with current OSHA rules and regulations set forth in 29 CFR Part 1910.
The rules and regulations of the Department of Labor specify that live-line tools used for primary employee protection shall be removed from service every two years for cleaning and testing. FRP (Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic) tools require a wet test; non FRP tools (wood) require a dry test. Testing must verify the tool’s integrity along its entire working length.
IIA can conduct live line tool testing at your site per the current guidelines of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Standard 978.
Our Inspections and Testing Can Include:
- Rack Testing
- Hand Held Hot Stick Testing
- Testing Methodologies Requiring Laboratory Equipment Examination
- Examination & Cleaning
- Waxing or Silicone Wiping
- Wet Testing at 75,000 V/Foot
- Dry Testing at 50,000 V/Foot
Certifications and Guidelines
- Qualified and Trained Inspectors
- Internal Quality Control & Quality Assurance Audit Programs
- On-Site Safety Coordinator
- ISO/IEC 17020 Accredited
- Federal OSHA Certified
- Level III NDT on Staff
- OSHA 1910.269 (Live Line Tools)
- IEEE Standard 978
Talk To An Expert
Don’t see exactly what you are looking for? Or maybe you do and want more specifics or an estimate. Either way, you can call us at
right now or just fill out the form below and we will respond back within 24 hours.