WE PROVIDE SOLUTIONS TO HELP REFINERIES AND PETROCHEMICAL PLANTS OVERCOME ANY INSPECTION CHALLENGE
The landscape of the refining and petrochemical industry is vast; the products diverse. But operators face the same challenges to safety and reliability — issues such as corrosion, cracking and wall thinning.
Without the proper equipment and expertise, damaged areas can be extremely challenging to locate, characterize and size. And the consequences of an error could be catastrophic. Fortunately, you’ve got IIA on your side.
We provide solutions to help refineries and petrochemical plants overcome any inspection challenge, and lower their cost of ownership along the way. Our full-service capabilities — including state-of-the-art laboratories — mean faster turnaround times, cost-effective solutions, and bull’s-eye accuracy.
NEED A QUOTE?
Simply fill out your name, number, and email below and someone from our team will contact you within 24 hours.
Schedule your complimentary, on-site facility assessment today.
From remote visual inspection to traditional and specialty NDE, we are experts in the most advanced examination techniques available today. And we are always working to develop the preferred techniques of tomorrow. From ARMUT®’s high-resolution elbow weld images to PASS valve analysis, IIA offers proprietary tools and technologies that are unmatched in the industry.
With 22 field offices and a skilled, mobile workforce, we can be on-site and at your service — usually within hours. Our technicians are ready to hit the ground running because they’ve spent years working with equipment just like yours.
We prove ourselves the first time around, so you only need to make one call the second time around.
Remote Video Inspections (RVI)
Foreign objects can lead to shutdowns, contamination, loss of revenue, and in worst-case scenarios, catastrophic failures. We are the industry leader in the use of RVI tools to safely locate and retrieve foreign objects in your facility. Our explosion-proof cameras can also provide invaluable information about the internal condition of fixed, rotating and hazardous environment-rated equipment, as well as assistance with sinkhole examinations, turnarounds and more.
The in-house experts at IIA developed Absolute Recordable Manual Ultrasonic Testing (ARMUT®) to bring together the best of both manual and automated ultrasonic testing for critical weld examinations. The only system that can capture encoded positional and time data simultaneously, ARMUT can be used by a single technician to examine critical welds and gather extremely high-resolution images that can be stored, shared, and immediately analyzed.
Our patented Phased Array Sectorial Scanning (PASS®) technique allows us to provide an unmatched level of information and insight into valve integrity and performance during operation — eliminating unnecessary and costly valve disassembly. Our PASS® Visualization Software then translates the raw data into a dynamic valve simulation, featuring a 3-D model for easy interpretation and analysis.
SERVICES & METHODOLOGIES
- Phased Array Ultrasonic (PAUT) Weld Inspections
- PAUT Crack Sizing
- PAUT & Automated Ultrasonic (AUT) Hydrogen Induced Cracking/Blistering Inspections (HIC)
- AUT Corrosion Mapping
- High Temperature Hydrogen Attack Inspections (HTHA)
- Time of Flight Diffraction (TOFD) Weld Inspections
- Guided Wave Ultrasonics (GUL)
- Thermal Imaging and Infrared Inspections
- Remote Visual Inspections
- Tubing Inspections (ECT, RFT, etc.)
- Surface Eddy Current Testing
- Positive Material Identification (PMI)
- API 510 Pressure Vessel Inspections
- Hardness Testing
- Ultrasonic Shear Wave Inspections
- Ultrasonic Thickness Measurements
- Magnetic Particle Testing
- Liquid Penetrant Testing
- Leak Testing
- API 570 Piping Inspections
- Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) Weld Procedure and Qualification (AWS or ASME)
- API 653 Above-Ground Storage Tank Inspections
- API 580 Risk-Based Inspections
- Visual Examinations
- Total Focusing Method (TFM) / PAUT
- Hydrogen-Induced Cracking (HIC) Inspections
- High Temperature Hydrogen Attack Inspections
- PAUT in lieu of RT weld inspection (ASME B31.1; ASME B31.3; ASME Section VIII; API 650)
- Nondestructive testing of storage tanks, pressure vessels, and piping
- Rope access NDT for accessing hard to reach process equipment.
- Inspection of heat exchangers, boilers, or condenser tubes using IRIS
- Positive Material Identification
- Condition surveys on fixed equipment and structures
- Inspection of various shop cranes and lifting apparatuses
- Supply of inspection personnel for planned maintenance outages
- Design or analysis of new or existing machinery platforms
- Pre-Start Health and Safety Reviews (PSR’s)
- Custom lift design
- Pre-engineered lifting products
- Design or analysis of new or existing fall protection systems
- Machine design (shafts, gearboxes, bearing springs, etc.)
- Engineered lift planning for installing new equipment into difficult zones
You can count on IIA to deliver highly accurate results using the inspection method(s) that best meet your needs. As a full-service company, IIA can assist with any necessary corrective action to ensure your facility continues to operate safely and reliably. Our one-stop-shop services translate to faster turnaround times and cost-effective solutions. Partner with IIA to lower your total cost of ownership and gain peace of mind.