Metallurgical testing can be critical for evaluating the quality of metal employed in both industrial (aerospace, construction, medical devices, etc.) and consumer products and components. We use metallurgical testing to verify the conformance of metals to your requirements and also to industry standards. Additionally, our expert analysis can provide insight into the causes of failures from material defects, manufacturing processes, and service. The results can then be used to prevent future failures and negotiate disputes between suppliers, manufacturers, and end users.
We are here for you every step of the way. We are always happy to explain test results to you, and we will also offer supplemental resources if you need more information on what to do next. Industrial Inspection & Analysis Lab Services offers fast, affordable, accurate, and reliable testing for all aspects of projects.
Tensile Testing and Impact Testing
IIA uses Tensile Testing to characterize material properties or validate mechanical properties specifications (TYE). Toughness of material is determined through Impact Testing, and our lab professionals conduct the most commonly used and trusted impact testing methods, such as Charpy and IZOD. We have the capability of testing with a vast array of impact measurements, temperatures, and configurations.
Our experts provide:
- Failure Analysis
- Fracture Mode Analysis
- Corrosion Evaluation
- Image Analysis
- Microstructure Analysis
- Grain Size
- Heat Treat Analysis
- Coating / Plating Thickness Analysis
- Case Thickness & Microhardness
- Optical and Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM)/Electron Dispersive Spectroscopy (EDS)
- Surface Finish Analysis
- Conductivity Testing
Industrial Inspection & Analysis Lab Services offers failure analysis testing, product and process problem solving, and material properties testing, and we use a variety of advanced examination and analysis methods.
There is a lot to consider when planning for manufacturing with metal, and it is important to choose a trusted partner, like IIA Lab Services for your projects. We deliver accurate tests and reliable results with fast turnaround and comprehensive reports.
Talk To An Expert
Don’t see exactly what you are looking for? Or maybe you do and want more specifics or an estimate. Either way, you can call us at
right now or just fill out the form below and we will respond back within 24 hours.
Certifications and Guidelines
- ASNT SNT-TC-1A
- ASNT CP-189
- ISO 9001:2015
- ISO 17025:2017
- ITAR Registered
- Permit to Practice Professional Engineering from Northwest Territories and Nunavut
- Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists
- Certificate of Authorization from the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of the Province of Manitoba
- FFL – Federal Firearms License
- Canadian Standards Association (CSA) W178.1
- Certificate of Authorization to Perform Engineering Services in Ontario - Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO) Canadian Welding Bureau (CWB)
- Professional Engineers and Geoscientists Newfoundland and Labrador Permit to Practice
- Certificate of Compliance from the Association of Professional Engineers of Nova Scotia
- Permit to Practice from the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta
- FAA Certification #NI2R032L