IIA Lab Services is a premier provider of a full range of Conventional NDE (Non-Destructive Evaluation) services.
We work with high-reliability manufacturers who desire our Story Worthy Service and reliable solutions. We are NADCAP Accredited and a FAR Part 145 Certified Repair Station and all IIA Lab Facilities meet a variety of MIL-SPEC, ANSI, ASTM and ASME specifications.
Welds, castings, and parts used in high stress or high reliability environments utilize Radiographic Testing (Radiography or RT) to detect internal defects not apparent on the surface of the part. We perform x-ray/gamma ray/radar inspection – both film and digital – to MIL-SPEC, ANSI, ASTM and ASME specifications. Radiographic inspection is very accurate and sensitive to internal defects. This is often performed in conjunction with penetrant or magnetic particle inspection for surface coverage. IIA Lab Services can inspect practical thickness ranges up to 3.0” steel.
Liquid Penetrant Inspection (LPI) is a surface inspection method used to test a variety of both metallic and nonmetallic materials such as welds, forgings, castings, plastics, and ceramics. Since liquid penetrant testing is capable of economically revealing surface discontinuities in a variety of dissimilar materials, it is one of the most effective and widely used of all the non-destructive test methods. The sensitivity of a “penetrant system” is based upon its ability to resolve small defects. The smaller the defect the system can detect, the higher its sensitivity rating. Sensitivity level 1 is low, Sensitivity level 4 is ultra high. IIA Lab Services is capable of performing all types and methods of penetrant inspection.
Talk To An Expert
Don’t see exactly what you are looking for? Or maybe you do and want more specifics or an estimate. Either way, you can call us at
right now or just fill out the form below and we will respond back within 24 hours.
Magnetic Particle Inspection (MT or MPI) is an inspection method for locating surface or shallow sub-surface defects on ferromagnetic material. Because of the variety of equipment and materials, there is essentially no limit to the size and shape of parts that can be inspected using MT. Magnetic Particle Inspections can be performed on castings, forgings, welds and machined parts, providing that they are of a material that can be strongly magnetized and the surface is sufficiently clean and accessible. IIA can perform both wet and dry MPI methods.
Ultrasonic Thickness Testing (UTT) is a volumetric non-destructive testing method that uses sound waves to propagate through an object. IIA Lab Services performs both contact and immersive UT with capabilities for pulse echo, transmissional, straight beam, angle beam (shear wave) testing, as well as advanced phased array techniques.
Other NDE Solutions Offered:
- Advanced/Traditional Bell Hole Examinations
- Aircraft Inspections - FAA Certified
- Array Internal Corrosion Mapping (PAUT)
- Helium Mass Spectrometer Leak Testing
- Certified Weld Inspections(AWS-CWI)
- Coating Thickness Testing
- Compound Gauges
- Eddy Current Array (ECA)
- Encoded Phased Array Weld Examination (Code Compliance)
- Ground Penetrating Radar
- Guided Wave Testing (GWT)
- Hardness Testing
- High Speed Automated Internal Corrosion Mapping (AUT)
- Holiday/Spark Testing
- Level III Services
- Manual Laser Profilometry
- Magnetic Flux Leakage (MFL)
- Phased Array Ultrasonic Testing (PAUT)
- Pulsed Eddy Current Array (PECA)
- Time of Flight Diffraction (TOFD)
- Vacuum Box Testing (VBT)
- Video Borescope
Certifications and Guidelines
- ASNT SNT-TC-1A
- ASNT CP-189
- ISO 9001:2015
- ISO 17025:2017
- ITAR Registered
- Permit to Practice Professional Engineering from Northwest Territories and Nunavut
- Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists
- Certificate of Authorization from the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of the Province of Manitoba
- FFL – Federal Firearms License
- Canadian Standards Association (CSA) W178.1
- Certificate of Authorization to Perform Engineering Services in Ontario - Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO) Canadian Welding Bureau (CWB)
- Professional Engineers and Geoscientists Newfoundland and Labrador Permit to Practice
- Certificate of Compliance from the Association of Professional Engineers of Nova Scotia
- Permit to Practice from the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta
- FAA Certification #NI2R032L