IIA's Minnesota Location
Since 1986, our lab in Minnetonka, Minnesota, has provided story-worthy service to customers around the globe who are involved in new product development, product validation, process validation, third-party validation of their supply chain, and failure analysis (FMEA). Our capacity and capabilities allow our customers to weather the dynamics of the supply chain and human resource fluctuations. We maintain an ISO 17025:2017 accreditation for Mechanical Testing, as well as ITAR Registration and provide AS-compliant testing services. We support all industries; and are specifically set up to support highly regulated industries such as Medical Device, Aerospace, and Defense. Many of our customers consider us an extension of their engineering and operations teams.
The teams at our Metrology labs in Minnesota, New Mexico and Texas are highly skilled with many years of manufacturing experience in a variety of manufacturing methodologies including Injection Molding, Machining, and Additive Manufacturing. The variety of part configuration and materials from metals, plastics, and ceramics to name a few have prepared our team to handle the toughest inspection challenges. Our goal is to provide strong GD&T knowledge along with excellent service time and time again as we build relationships with our customers to understand their specific needs and requirements.
Our Services Include
- Dimensional Inspection
- First Article Inspection
- Capability Studies
- CT Scanning
- Laser Scanning
- Comparative Analysis
- Reverse Engineering
- CAD Modeling
- CMM Programming
- On-Site 3D Scanning
- Gage R&Rs
- NURBS Modeling
- Fixture Validation
- Part Sorting
- Zone 3
- Smart Profile®
- Volume Graphics
- GOM ATOS Professional
- Nikon CT
Talk To An Expert
Don’t see exactly what you are looking for? Or maybe you do and want more specifics or an estimate. Either way, you can call us at
right now or just fill out the form below and we will respond back within 24 hours.
A Higher Degree of Quality
To ensure the highest level of safety and quality, IIA provides AS9100, AS9102, AS9110, AS9120 compliant services.
Our lab location is conveniently located in the Southwestern Metro Area of Minneapolis at:
5950 Clearwater Drive
Minnetonka, MN 55343-8989
Our Other IIA Services
- Laboratory Services: IIA has grown to become one of the largest and most trusted providers of lab services in North America and beyond. Serving a spectrum of industries, our capabilities include metallurgical, non-destructive, dimensional, mechanical, EMC/EMI, consumer goods, calibration, environmental and chemical analysis.
- Industrial Inspections: IIA’s expert technicians are available 24/7 to support planned or unplanned inspection needs. Our toolkit includes both traditional and advanced NDE methods, such as corrosion mapping and laser profilometry, as well as proprietary methods like PASS® for non-intrusive valve testing.
- Remote Visual Inspections (RVI): RVI reveals internal risk factors without the need for disassembly. Our intrinsically safe (IS), explosion-proof (EX) cameras can navigate tanks, tubes, vessels and pipes with ease — from access points as small as one inch in diameter. We also offer FAA-licensed drone inspections featuring infrared and confined space capabilities.
- Engineering Services: IIA offers engineering solutions to solve quality and design challenges in a wide variety of industries and applications. Our multidisciplinary engineering expertise includes structural/civil, mechanical, reverse engineering, crane accident investigation, lift planning and engineering, welding and materials and electrical.
- Lifting Services: We have decades of experience providing on-site inspections and certifications and to ensure the safety of overhead & truck mounted cranes, airline ground support equipment (GSE), bucket and fire trucks, and other aerial and lift devices. IIA is one of the only companies in the U.S. that offers on-site, live line tool testing for the electrical power industry.
With roots that date back nearly a century, Industrial Inspection & Analysis (IIA) is a leading inspection provider for an array of industries. In both laboratory and field settings, we offer a full range of destructive and non-destructive examinations (NDE), testing and certification, and engineering solutions to ensure safety, performance and compliance. Driven by growth, IIA has an extensive footprint across North America and an ever-expanding global presence in the industrial sector.
As part of our mission to make the world safer, IIA is committed to operating in an environmentally and socially responsible manner, and to helping our customers do so as well.