Whether you’re modernizing an older structure or building from the ground up, shortcuts on any construction project can be costly. If a worker inadvertently cuts into a tension cable or electrical conduit, for example, the results can be disastrous — even deadly.
Ground-penetrating radar (GPR) is a proven, cost-effective technique to get the answers you need about subsurface features — without drilling, probing or digging.
In our mission to make the world safer, Industrial Inspection & Analysis is proud to offer GPR surveys for metal detection. Plumbing, HVAC, electrical and general contractors trust IIA to provide the answers they need to move their projects forward quickly and safely.
How it Works
Featuring both 2D and 3D capabilities, our GPR technology sends radar pulses down into the ground to create a record of subsurface metal features up to 18” deep. Reliable on any smooth surface, our compact GPR unit is ideal for use on concrete floors and walls.
Our team can precisely identify the location and depth of metal, including tension cable, plumbing lines, electrical conduit, rebar, and more. Once we’ve identified the presence of subsurface metal, our technicians will clearly mark the location so your workers can avoid unseen hazards when drilling, cutting or digging.
From sports complexes to high-rise apartments and parking garages, below are just a few of the ways we have used GPR to make the world safer:
- Our GPR services were used during the construction of a soccer stadium to safely install drains and piping for kitchen sinks in a new concession area.
- We’ve surveyed the floors of high-rise buildings so anchors could safely be installed in the ceilings in the level below.
- Our GPR scans of parking garages allowed workers to avoid tension cable located in the floor when cutting into concrete.
- IIA assessed the installation of structural rebar in the stairwell of a hotel and found that several steps were missing this required reinforcement.
At IIA, we understand that time is money. Within days of your call, our technicians will arrive at your site to complete the job quickly and efficiently. Along with fast turnaround times, our reliable surveys accurately identify the location and depth of subsurface metal in areas of concern.
Non-destructive methods are what we do best at IIA, and we’ve provided GPR services for well over a decade. Our experienced team members can provide insight into the data captured. As a full-service lab provider, we can also provide radiography if you need to know more about the type of metal identified in the GPR survey.
Talk To An Expert
Don’t see exactly what you are looking for? Or maybe you do and want more specifics or an estimate. Either way, you can call us at
right now or just fill out the form below and we will respond back within 24 hours.
Certifications and Guidelines
- ISO 17025:2017
- AWS Certified Welding Inspectors (CWIs)