IIA is one of the original pioneers in using 3D scanning for reverse engineering, geometry recreation and 3D modeling. Our process is highly refined and optimized around many industry-specific challenges. Industries that use IIA reverse engineering include medical device, heavy equipment, firearms, as well as tooling and plastic companies.
Before you start you next modeling or reverse engineering project, here are some things to consider:
- Have an idea of how this file will be used. What are the “next steps” for this model once returned to you? (This is very helpful to us when quoting.)
- Provide photos of all different sides of the part. We need a good understanding of the size, shapes, and features involved.
- Your requirements for detail/accuracy to the physical part.
Modeling Platforms (Software)IIA can build files for use in any modern software, as well as many legacy platforms. Our primary platforms are SolidWorks and Creo/Pro-E, each fully up-to-date with the latest versions (we often retain legacy licenses for those customers who need it). If we do not have your cad software of choice, we can output neutral file formats such as .igs, .stp, .x_t, and many more.
Verification & Project Handoff
Accuracy is paramount to the quality and the success of any RE project. IIA utilizes our own Deviation Analysis process to ensure that each feature and each characteristic is accurate to the scanned part. It’s used throughout the reverse engineering process as the model tree grows with every additional feature and every iteration.
Every project ends with a conference call or screen share to ensure that the results are understood and fit your requirements. Deviation Analysis is used here as a final proof-of-work at the end of every RE project to demonstrate a precise point-by-point comparison that what we have created matches your physical part as scanned. This level of precision in verification is virtually impossible with manual methods. A Deviation Analysis makes full verification cost-effective and is critical to assure the accuracy of the resulting model.
Let Our Experts Help
Whether you need timely inspections, would like an estimate, or have an emergency and need help right away, we are here for you.
Call us at
or complete the form below, and we will be in touch within 24 hours.
Certifications and Guidelines
- ISO/IEC 17025: 2005
- ISO/IEC 17065: 2012
- ITAR Registered
- FAR Part 145 Certification
- Federal Firearms License (FLL)
- NADCAP Accredited
- ASNT Certified Level II & III
- We Can Issue Your Approvals for USA, CANADA and EU Scopes
- Our Facilities Meet a Variety of MIL-SPEC, ANSI, ASTM, and ASME Specifications